SUNNY SIDE UP
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Toast, for serving, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over low heat until slightly shimmering, about 5 minutes.
- Crack an egg into a small ramekin and slowly add it to the skillet; repeat with the other egg, adding it to the other side of the skillet.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook, uninterrupted, until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Slide the eggs out of the skillet onto a plate or toast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
BAKED EGG IN AVOCADO
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
FRIED EGG IN A PEPPER
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bell pepper rings (1/3-inch thick)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper rings. Cook 1 minute on each side.
- Crack an egg into each bell pepper ring. Lower heat to medium-low. Cook until whites are set, 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.