- 2 beef rump steaks (500g total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 275g baby green beans, trimmed
- 100g mesclun (baby salad leaves)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
Tarragon mustard vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Season steaks on each side with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frypan and cook steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side over medium-high heat for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain, refresh in cold running water, then drain again.
- For the tarragon mustard vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Combine the blanched beans, mesclun, spring onion and steak in a large bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide salad among plates and drizzle with dressing.
ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, peeled, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced diagonally
- 2 parsnips, peeled, sliced diagonally
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 80g red leaf mixed salad
- 50g mild creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place beetroot, carrot and parsnip on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Combine pecans and maple syrup in a bowl. Add to baking tray. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until pecans are golden and sticky.
- Whisk orange juice, vinegar and oil together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place leaf mixture in a serving dish. Add vegetables, pecans and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Gently toss to combine. Serve
CHICKEN COB SALAD
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- Bacon chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Combine the rosemary, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken. Turn to coat. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Peel eggs. Thickly slice into rounds.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add 1/2 the dressing. Toss to combine.
- Thickly slice chicken and arrange with lettuce, bacon, egg, tomato, celery and avocado on serving plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve with bread.