- Chicken breasts 6-8 pieces
- 1 large red onion
- 250g of collar bone or streaky bacon
- 2 TBS of Worchester sauce
- 3 TBS of Teriyaki/ Soy sauce
- 1 TBS of Lemon squeeze
- Crushed Oregano
- Crushed Parsley
- 2 Tbs of Honey
- 2 Tbs of Oil
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, put in the chicken add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add some lemon, Worchester sauce and teriyaki/soy sauce. Let it marinate for 1hour.
- After take to streaks of bacon and wrap it around the chicken. You can hold it in place with a toothpick or some string.
- In a large skillet heat up the oil and place the chicken wraps and keep turning till all the bacon cooks and the chicken start browning. Keep adding little salt and pepper to season. Let it brown for 10- 15 minutes.
- After this add the oregano, sage and parsley, and then put it in the oven for another 25 minutes for the chicken to cook evenly. Thereafter place the skillet back on the fire. Then drizzle the honey and caramelize the onions and the chicken together.
- Lasagna sheets
- 700g lean mince meat
- 1 green capsicum (diced)
- 2 red onions (diced)
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) of puree
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 3 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce
- 8 tablespoons of butter/margarine
- 8 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 cups of milk
- Beef Sauce: Put the oil in the pan, add the onions stir, add the garlic and ginger, stir till it browns. Add a pinch of salt and pepper then add the minced meat stir, cover and let it simmer till meat browns for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, cumin and paprika then add the green capsicum, puree and bring it to a boil, add the water and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Then add the cayenne pepper and sweet chili sauce. Add the oregano and basil and stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- Roux Sauce: Melt butter/margarine in a sauce pan (low heat). Blend in flour, salt and pepper stir continuously until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat, stir in milk and heat it to boiling while stirring continuously. Boil and stir for 1 minute to avoid lumps. You can add grated cheese while still hot to make it a cheese sauce.
- All you need is lasagna sheet found at your local store alongside an oven casserole dish. Pour in some of the beef sauce, add on the roux sauce, layer the sheets about 3-4 depending on how large your dish is then add the beef sauce with the roux sauce.
- 8-10 potatoes
- 2 cans of tuna chunks
- 1 white onion (diced)
- ½ red capsicum(diced)
- ½ green capsicum(diced)
- 2 tsp. of lemon squeeze/ juice
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of Cumin seeds
- Black pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- Vegetable cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp. of butter
- Peel and put the potatoes in a pot to boil, add 2 pinches of salt.
- For the tuna: add 2 teaspoons. Of cooking oil into a pan, add the diced onions and let them brown just a little. Add the 2 cans of tuna, stir then add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, curry powder, paprika and cumin seeds.
- Mix it in and stir let it simmer so that the tuna can soak in the spices and have flavor. Add the lemon stir it in then add the green and red capsicum let it simmer for 2-3minutes.
- For the breadcrumbs: toast the 4 slices of bread till they have a tint of brown. With a food processor or blender, break/pinch the bread into little pieces and process it. In a large bowl add the curry powder, paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper. Then add it into the processor and process it on more time.
- Drain the potatoes, add a teaspoon of butter and mash them till its smooth, add the tuna mix in and mix it up with the potatoes evenly. Take the 2 eggs and whisk them in a bowl.
- Take a handful of the potato tuna mix, make it into a ball with your hands, dip it in the eggs then coat it with the breadcrumbs. You should have say 10-15 fish cakes.
- In a large pan, add a ¼ cup of cooking oil, and let it heat. Add the fishcakes into the pan and cook till both sides brown.