- Lemon Juice
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and helps to brighten up the discoloured area. All you need to do is to rub lemon juice on the darkened area every day for two-three minutes before taking a bath. Follow this with moisturising the area once you are done with bathing, and you’ll start noticing results in 7-10 days.
Potato is also a great natural bleach and an anti-irritant that helps to lighten underarms and provides instant relief from itchiness. You can place a thin slice or apply potato juice on your armpits and keep it for 10-15 minutes. For effective results, use it twice a day, and say hello to brightened underarms!
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains mild acids that help to remove dead cells, and is also a great disinfectant. Start with mixing two tablespoons each of this vinegar with baking soda. Apply this mixture for about ten minutes or till the time it is dry. Rinse it with cold water, and repeat it thrice a week to see results. Test it on your skin first for any sensitivity.
- Olive Oil
Mix a tablespoon each of olive oil with brown sugar, and you have a DIY exfoliator ready! Scrub it for a minute or two, and then leave it for five minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and this can be applied twice a week for effective results.
- Aloe Vera
You can either scoop out the gel from Aloe Vera plant or use organic Aloe Vera gels available in market. You simply need to apply this gel on your underarms for 15 minutes and rinse it off afterwards. It is a natural exfoliator that removes dead skin, and is loaded with anti-bacterial properties that helps to soothe and nourish skin.
- Vitamin E oil
- Squeeze oil from vitamin E Oil capsule.
- Rub a little bit of oil on your underarms and let it sit for few minutes.
- Rinse with water
Tip: This oil not only whitens the underarms but also makes your skin soft and smooth when applied regularly.
The combination of yogurt and honey helps in removing impurities that cause dark discoloration on the skin. Apart from that, it also neutralizes the body odor.
- Take a tablespoon or two of yogurt and apply to the armpits.
- Gently rub the yogurt all over the dark armpits and wait for few minutes
- Then wash it with water and repeat daily.
Note:you can add a tablespoon of honey for added benefits.
Papaya fruit contains the enzymes that help to lighten and exfoliate skin.
- Take a piece of papaya and rub it directly onto the armpits.
- Alternately, just apply the juice.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 30 minutes and then rinse with water thoroughly.
- Continue this process repeatedly 3 – 4 times a week to clear the darkness in the armpits.
- Tomato juice
- Extract the juice a tomato and apply it under the arms.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Repeat the process daily until you achieve the results.
PREVENTING DARK UNDER ARMS
- Moisturize: Use natural moisturizers like aloe vera, lecithin or coconut oil to moisturize the underarms at least 2 times a day.
- Skip Deodorants: The chemicals present in deodorants darken underarms. Natural deodorants and antiperspirants that include coconut oil or rose water can be a better alternative.
- Don’t Skip Showering: If the weather is hot, you should bathe more often. Neglecting bathing can lead to accumulation of bacteria causing sweat and pigmentation. Mix few drops of any citrus oil to your bathing water for a heavenly smell and to prevent dark discoloration under the skin.
- Let the Skin Breathe: Avoid wearing tight clothes especially synthetic ones. Friction due to tight and synthetic clothes don’t let the skin breathe, trap the sweat inside which gives rise to bacteria and leads to friction causing rashes. It is recommended to wear cotton or skin friendly clothing. Make sure your clothing is loose enough to provide enough room for air flow.
- Don’t let your weight go out of control: Fat can get accumulated under the arms, rub against the clothes and lead to dark discoloration under the arms.
- Don’t compromise with basic hygiene: Regular exfoliation removes the accumulated dead skin cells that cause bumps and dark spots. Make sure be gentle while exfoliating as the skin is very delicate under the arms. Harsh exfoliation can lead to scars and rashes.
- Avoid Electrolysis: Using electrolysis for hair removal can lead to discoloration.